Keeping Up With The Boys!

Lilypie

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Haven't Posted in So Long

I realize I have not posted in quite awhile. I really need to, because so much has been going on. I have thought about making a post on here, but then I will tell myself, No, I don't want to post so much, when I could seperate so much out and post lots of pictures. Well, I am biting the bullet and posting a giant synopsis of what I missed. I will hopefully go back and post tons of pictures later.

The Boys are now almost 6 months, but I haven't updated in 2 months, so I have so much to say. At 4 months, the boys started getting so much more animated. It has been amazing with how early they are approaching some milestones. Ethan and James both started holding 6 ounce bottles at 4 months. That is a 9 month skill. The boys could both sit unassisted at 4 months. Also, we got some really cute pro pics done. I need to post these online.

At 5 months, both boys have crawled. It is amazing. They aren't fast yet, but they can certainly move. It is amazing, it has definitely put mine and Matt's butts into gear when it comes to babyproofing. We had some bad news this month. I will definitely make a detailed post about this later with some pictures, but Ethan has torticullis and plagiocephaly. This is not something serious, now that we are treating it. Basically, when he was sharing a womb, he had his neck turned awkward, so the muscles are tight on one side, which made head positioning back and forth impossible when he was a infant. We started Physical therapy to stretch those muscles. But, his head is starting to become mis-shapen from his inability to lay with his head facing different directions. He just got his helmet today. He will have to wear this helmet anywear from 3 to 6 months.

The boys turn 6 months old next Wednesday. I can't believe I have had them in my life for almost a half a year. It doesn't seem like it has been that long. It seems like it was yesterday that I first got to hold them in the Recovery Room. We have a lot of fun as a family. Matt and his boys have a bond like none other. I have my own special bond with them, but there are certain times when Daddy is the only thing that can calm our little M&Ms.

The boys have learned to love the Zoo, we have brought them there a couple times. They love the Garden, which we have been to a few times as well. We can take the boys almost anywhere now. They are so well-behaved. The only place they hate is the grocery store. I can't blame them, it is boring. Matt and I are pros at duel-wielding the babies. I barely remember life before I had the boys.

Matt and I are doing good as a couple as well. I love him so much. We have gone out on 2 dates so far. I know 2 dates in 6 months doesn't sound like much, but it meant the world to us. Sure, we hired 2 babysitters for the 1st date, then we spent the whole night worrying about the babies and we didn't enjoy it at all. The 2nd date, we learned from our mistakes. We had 3 babysitters, all young and full of energy. They did a wonderful job. Matt and I got to see Harry Potter and go to Applebees for dinner. I used to hate Applebees, but that night, it tasted like the most amazing gourmet food I'd ever tasted. We get to go out again this Saturday, we lined up the same babysitters from the 2nd date and we got a group of 10 friends to sign up for mouse races. The plan is, we all make food to bring to the event, we sit around, drink free beer, eat tons of snacks, bet on mice, and just chit-chat. I can't wait.

Our new house is wonderful. We actually have an okay yard. We are going to seed again during the fall to thicken it up, but it looks like a home now. We were waiting to get our tax credit from the house to buy curtains, landscaping boxes and a patio set. We bought the curtains and a patio set, then Matt's car died, then the computer died. So that money helped buy us a brand new Honda Civic XL S or LX S, I don't know, but it is pretty. He also got a laptop. We had enough left over for the boxes, then my laptop broke and I needed a computer, then we found out Ethan's Helmet wasn't covered under insurance and would cost $1,500. So that was the last of our fun tax refund. Oh well, I can share Matt's computer, when he isn't looking :).

Anyway, I said this update would be long, but I wanted to tell you what has been going on. I'm sorry it has taken so long. I saw that I have a few e-mails asking where I've been. I could pretend like I was so busy that I just couldn't write, but in all honesty, I've been lazy. Although, I should know better. I love my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Your two little ones are just amazing. You've definitely had your hands full, that's for sure! A friend of mine here has a baby just a little older than your boys with torticullis, and so far, it seems that some simple therapy tricks are pretty helpful.

    Sending much love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made my day! I kept checking your blog and kind of got worried but kept telling myself "she has two gorgeous little boys to play with, that's way better than blogging"! Still, it's so good to read a new post and it sounds like you are happy. I'm very impressed that the boys are so clever and I'm sure Ethan will be just fine!
    Wow, did you really book three babysitters? That must have been one expensive date night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, the cost of 3 babysitters for 5.5 hours wasn't that bad. They were all friends, so they took 20 a piece. So 60 bucks, plus buying them pizza and ice cream. It may have been expensive, but it was worth it :)

    ReplyDelete