Keeping Up With The Boys!

Lilypie

Friday, May 29, 2009

In The New House

ONE MORE DAY!

Posted Thursday, October 16, 2008 7:51 AM


One more day and I will be 18 weeks pregnant and a homeowner. I am so excited. The walkthrough went so well. I still have a few things to do though. I have to go pay the fee to get the water turned on. I have to call the company to come set up the logs in the fireplace and get it set up to be turned on. Then I have to get the phone line taken care of with DSL. I am just so excited. After that, we have to set up our mail forwarding.
I completely forgot to take pictures yesterday. The house looks so great though. At the time of our closing though, it was raining like someone was pouring a bucket over the city. It was so hard to see on the drive to the house. I was on the interstate with both hands clenching the wheel, my gaze glaring so attentively at the road. I was looking right over the steering wheel and it was horrible trying to see the lines on the road.
Just when the rain gets really bad, the unexpected happens. A spider comes crawling right into my line of sight on the dashboard. I am not afraid of spiders, but I was really not expecting him to be there. I screamed like I saw a ghost. I wanted to get him on a piece of paper so badly and throw the sucker out the window, but it was just raining too badly to take a hand off the wheel or my eyes off the road for more than a second. It was the creepiest ride ever. He started crawling around the edges of my windshield. I was positive that when he got to the top, he would drop down into my lap and I'd run my car into the median.
But I made it to the house early, safe, and the spider is no more.


Moved In and Side By Side Bellies!
Posted Sunday, October 19, 2008 7:46 PM


We moved in. I'm so happy. Oh, and here are the Side by sides!
18w2d



My Cup Runneth Over
Posted Monday, October 20, 2008 9:38 AM


My boobs are so huge right now. I don't have one single bra that I fit in properly. I don't want to go to a bra shop and hear the letter E. The letter E is terrifying. How in the heck could they get THAT big!?!
Yesterday my Grandma and Mom came over to my house to hang out. They talked for 20 minutes about how enormous my boobs are. My Grandma asked if I would be nursing and if it was possible to have enough milk to nurse twins? My mother so eloquently put it to my Grandma, "Mom, look at her, she's got enough. She probably has enough to breastfeed Matt too."
The babies' room is so fun. It is the only room in the house that is empty. I have caught Matt in there a few times just looking around. The picture on Facebook with him in the nursery is him pointing out to me where he wants things to go.
And such exciting news, last night, I felt an all-out kick. It was intense. Matt and I were laying in bed and the second I stopped stretching, I was like, "OH!" Matt bolted upright, and asked me what's wrong. I told him that I felt a full-on kick. He spent about 20 minutes with his hands on my tummy begging the babies to do it again. Then I told him that we needed to get some sleep, but I told him to lay on his side, I'd hug his back and if the babies kicked me, maybe he'd feel it with my belly pressed against him.
There is no doubt in my mind with the intensity of that one kick, that if he'd, had his hand on my belly, he'd have felt it too. That was more than a flutter or fish-flop. If all kicks are that strong, I am so in for it later on. 2 babies at once. Soo crazy.
One other thing, no internet in the house yet, total bummer. I updated last night from my Mom's house. I am calling Charter today to schedule setup. Without internet, I think I will go crazy. I might need to get cable too. I had to go to my parent's house last night to watch Desperate Housewives, True Blood, Dexter, and Cari's episode of Bridezillas.
Anyway, I am so short on sleep too and it has triggered my morning sickness to come back with vengence. I am going to try to be in bed early tonight. All I have to do tonight is buy a rake and a mailbox and 5 more sets of mini-blinds. Once I have those in, Matt will have to do the handiwork and I have commited to frozen pizza for dinner.
Matt has already said how excited he is about being able to take care of the house. He has been working hard. He installed blinds in the master, installed the peephole, put together our furniture and weedeated the tall weeds in the back of the yard. We don't have a lawn yet, but Matt didn't want the house to look unkept even though we just have dirt. He wants to get out tonight and start raking up the random rocks in the yard so when they bring in extra dirt, the rocks don't get burried, because in his words, "What if the kids want to go sledding; we can't just have rocks burried in the yard. They could get too many boo-boos."

Why Are There Not More Hours To Sleep?
Posted Monday, October 20, 2008 2:04 PM

I am about ready to fall over and zonk out on my keyboard. Instead, I think I will have to go to my car and take a nap.
My big problem is that not having enough to keep me busy today gives me more time to think about wanting sleep. It is taking everything inside me not to lean over, rest my boobs on my desk, and nestle my head in between my knockers. And yes, my breasts are big enough to do it.
I totally get why my husband likes big ones. They really are like warm soft pillows.

Fertility
Posted Tuesday, October 21, 2008 8:38 AM

So this is my first pregnancy, and even though I am so in love and can't wait to be a Mommy, I have been very miserable. It has been hard to eat, smells I used to love send me off the edge and hoovering over the toilet. I can't eat my favorite meat (chicken). It has just been difficult.
Matt has been saying that he will get a vasectomy once the babies are born. I was behind this to some degree. My thing is, I know that this pregnancy has had adverse affects on my health, but is it enough to take away our fertility? I want to adopt later, but am I really done after just this one time?
We are obviously fertile if I put out 2 eggs naturally. I just can't shake the idea that we might not ever get to be pregnant again, even though I haven't really enjoyed it. When looking at the babies and feeling the babies move I am so happy to be doing this, but at other moments, this really just seems like a chore that I must tough out in order to get to the end result.
There are so many things about pregnancy that I don't love. I don't like the constant throwing up. I brush my teeth all the time because I've seen bulemic women's teeth and I don't want to damage the enamel. I have stretch marks on the underside of my breasts and I know this will get worse. I just feel like I am not in charge of this body anymore and it is such a foreign feeling.
I used to do things that were unhealthy, but nothing I couldn't handle. I would pull all-nighters, which are now impossible. I'd have a beer with dinner, which is now impossible. I'd pop yellow jackets in order to get crap done: impossible. I just feel like I've fallen behind because I can't be Superwoman anymore.
I was driving in this morning to work and I passed by the AB Brewery and the smell of barley and hops just filled the air and I kinda missed the idea of drinking a beer after work with my husband. We have this beautiful deck with a great view. I can't wait for the days when I can put the babies down to sleep and go sit outside with Matt and just unwind with drinks.
I am scared of giving birth. I told this to Matt last night. He was really sweet and he held his arms around me and we talked about my concerns. My concern is that it is going to be soooo painful. I know that is silly to think about, but in some way or another, these cute little babies have to make it to the outside and that scares the ever-lovin crap out of me. Matt told me all the right things, about how strong I am, about how I have taken injuries in the past, and how tough I am. Tough or not, I've never had a major surgery. Also, the last couple times I was in the ER, I wasn't that tough.
The last time I went in, was a month before my wedding with the grade 3 sprain. It hurt so badly, there were a few times when I lost all sensation in my entire body, I couldn't hear anything except for muffled noises and I blacked out once. My ankle was the size of a volleyball, but still, I wasn't a trooper on that one. I screamed like a baby and Matt had to carry me.
The second to last time, I had a broken foot, wrist, nerve damage and bruises covering the majority of my body. I was tough for awhile, but after waiting in the ER for an hour, I started crying and couldn't stop at all.
Matt likes to think of me as the girl that broke her finger in a competition, took a dowel rod and electric tape to splint it, and finished her show without a hiccup. Yeah, it is impressive, but you know what I have to show for being tough? Arthritis and crooked fingers. Taking pain like a gladiator is a bunch of bull and I have decided that I hate pain. All different kinds of it. I want these babies to just be here. Why can't they do it like in old times. They knock you out, wake you up, and hand you a baby or in my case, 2 babies. My grandma told me, it is definitely the way to go.
I am just conficted on whether this is it for us. I love Matt so much and the other day he told me he really wants at least one daughter. He said that he just feels like there is something special about having a little girl to protect and look after. He said that he wants to be able to have a little girl that he can take to father/daughter dances and he wants to be able to walk his daughter down the aisle one day. It was just a sweet moment that almost made me cry. I hope we have one of each right now because even though my gut is now telling me 2 boys, I want Matt to have his little baby girl.

Amanda E-worth is the Most Boring Person in the World!
Posted Wednesday, October 22, 2008 12:38 PM

At least, I bet this is what my Junior Achievement shadows are thinking. Dear lord, what a boring day. They refused to talk to me. I was to have them shadow me for 2.5 hours. First off, I had a boy and a girl. the boy was much more outgoing than the girl, at least the boy got up and came over to me during partnering. I had to stand around and wait for the girl, a teacher caught her hiding from the school in the Center Auditorium. I mean, What the heck, right?
Anyway, when I got her in the group, I took them for pictures where she held a folder in front of her face. Whenever she'd talk, she would hold the folder in front of her face and I couldn't hear a word she was saying. They were supposed to have a workbook with them, but no. I had a website with fun activities that Junior Achievement sent me. I was told both kids would be 16 and should be asked questions about the kind of jobs they want. They were 14 and had no clue. when I asked them if they had any ideas about what they wanted to be, the guy said, I want to work at Jiffy Lube, the other girl wanted to play in the WNBA. I was like, "Uh-huh, well that is great." I mentioned that after high school, he might want to look at going to a trade school to learn how to be a mechanic. He said he had no interest in school. For the girl, I stressed scholarships and following through with hobbies and sports you are good at.
I tried telling them about the importance of Networking and being a team player, having great communication skills and making a great first impression, the boy put his head down on my desk and closed his eyes. The girl listened, but wouldn't answer me. I told the boy, "Uh-uh, head up, if I don't take a nap, you don't either." I asked the boy if he had experience working with others because these are great things to think about on interviews when you are trying to get a first job. He said, "I don't like working with others, I prefer for everyone to just leave me alone. I have no interest in working with people."
I asked them what high school they went to, the boy knew, the girl didn't. She didn't know her high school. Huh?
They asked me how much money I make and I told them that I make very good money, and I was hired on at a rate above what normal college graduates are hired on. They were like, "That doesn't mean anything, how much per hour." I said I didn't have an hourly wage and they were done with me.
I told them about my high school experience, extra-curricluar activities and they said they didn't want to do any of that stuff. I told them about all the career paths I thought I wanted to take and how I ended up in Project, Performance, and Communications Management, and they had no interest.
When I took them down for pizza, they wouldn't talk to me, but they wouldn't leave my side either. When I asked them if they had friends here, they were like, "Yeah, but do you want us to leave you?" I told them if they wanted to spend the last half-hour hanging out, that was fine. I shook each of their hands and gave them my business card and told them that if they ever needed advise, to just ask.
I know they didn't have fun. That, and I had to talk til I was blue in the face. They are so young, I can't imagine being interested in that as a 14 yr old freshmann.
One More Week
Posted Thursday, October 23, 2008 11:35 AM

So by this time next week, I am going to know a little more about the rugrats living in my belly. It will be so cool to start referring to them by name. Matt and I had our list of 4 boy's names and I hate to break it to him, but his absolute favorite has started to get on my nerves.
Johnathan Ray Thomas
He liked Johnathan Thomas Ray and I was like, "Heck, NO!" I couldn't name my son John Thomas, that is like naming your son Pocket Rocket of Trouser Snake. Matt had never heard of this before, but I assure you, look up the Monty Python Pen!s song. It is in the list.
Now, the main reason I have a problem with Johnathan in general is because of All My Children.
I don't know if many of you know this about me, but I have watched this soap opera since I was 13 years old and if you watch soap operas, you learn to love or hate certain characters. Johnathan is not a character that has been around forever, but the actor who plays him annoys me.
My old best friend from growing up had a Mom that watched soaps. Her mother loved a character so much, she named both daughters after her. Deidra and Marla were both named after Deidra Hall.
I can't associate my child with a character from my Soap Opera unless it is Aiden, because dear lord the second he came on the show with Maria who had amnesia after the plane crash which supposedly killed her (Her UPN Network show bombed and she needed the money), I had a crush on that man and he so reached the top of my "list." Anyway, don't know how to break Matt's heart. Maybe it will be 2 girls still? Probably not likely since the tech was 85/90% sure she saw a little boy part last time. Ah, the little man's John Thomas
19 Weeks
Posted Friday, October 24, 2008 10:23 AM

I was thinking today, being 19 weeks along seems so crazy. Almost everyone at my Dr's office thinks that I will be delivering about 2 weeks before my due date. So if that is the case, then I am half-way there today. It gives me goosebumps. What also gives me goosebumps are the little movements I am feeling and recognizing more and more.
So I have that news which is semi-wonderful. Semi because even though I am so anxious to meet these little ones, I don't want them to leave me sooner than what their little bodies can handle. But if they are healthy as horses at 38 weeks and decide they want to see the outside of their Mommy, I welcome them with open arms.
I bought the dress I have to wear for my friend Elisa's wedding. It was funny trying it on. I told myself that the size would only freak me out, try not to pay attention to it. In all honesty, it made me laugh. I would usually wear a size 10 which isn't tiny, but isn't big. With my belly, I fit snuggly into a 16, well, snug around the belly, everywhere else was baggy. The 18 fit my tummy better, and the bust was huge on this dress. I thought my knockers were big, but they didn't remotely fill out that dress.
The size they ordered seemed crazy. They ordered the dress in a 22. I had 2 choices on how to react. A normal size 10 buying a dress in size 22. I could cry my eyes out or laugh and joke about not knowing how big the babies are going to make me. When the lady was holding the dress up in the back to make sure it wouldn't fall off the top of me, she said, "It wouldn't upset you if we order the 22, right? If you will be nursing, we just want to know we have enough fabric to cover your top." I said it was fine and that it was actually perfect because it gives me room to eat some Ben and Jerry's.
Tomorrow, Matt and I have a big list of to-dos and I have my sister and her friend staying the night at the house while ours and her friend's parents go to a Halloween party. It will be fun to have kids in the house. I love when Mads comes over. I miss not being able to hug her, pick her up and spin her in circles. I always used to do it. Matt and my sister get along really well. I think it is because Matt is kind of a big kid himself. They both like to color, watch cartoons, and play video games. I can't wait until the babies are here and I can go back to being the normal Mandy. Lots of kids and babies to pick up hold and spin around with. And trust me, I know not to spin around my newborns. Although, I still have no clue how I will hold them both without knocking their heads together, I really hope they cover that in the Multiples classes at the hospital.
Not Even 20 weeks and feeling like 3rd Tri!
Posted Monday, October 27, 2008 12:56 PM

Ok, so over the weekend, we got the garage door opener installed and it is heaven. Am I seriously so old and boring that heaven has become a garage door opener? You know what is also heaven? Mini-blinds! They are all installed and they look so nice. I know they are expensive, but the beautiful 2 inch wood blinds really do make me smile.
Also, the peep-hole and door knocker look great, as well as the fancy mailbox Matt and I splurged on. He is my sexy handyman. The only thing I wanted was the internet and cable hooked up, but it isn't like Charter could actually honor an appointment. Everyone who wants TV, internet, and phone is held hostage by the same crap, will the install guy show up today, no one knows.
We get the fireplace set up today, the phone jacks intalled in the house, and Charter will be back out to fix what they couldn't seem to do over the weekend.
Alright, now to the babies. They are their Mommy's pride and joy already. I love to sing to them and I always have my hands on my belly. It is almost like holding them. Their Daddy has gotten more quality time with them this past weekend than he's gotten in a long time.
I have to admit, one of the conversations he had with the babies annoyed me very much, but I wasn't going to interrupt, father-babies bonding. He talked to them for 15 minutes like characters on the Sims talk. You know, in gibberish, but with gusto and tons of emotive pauses! I laughed at first, but I think it went on a bit too long.
Saturday, I babysat my little sis and her friend. They were so bored at our house. I admit, I am bored at my house. We couldn't even leave (Charter hostages). I rented them some movies and got them ice cream. I set them up in mine and Matt's bedroom and they watched Superhero Movie with Drake Bell (He's so dreamy! Ha :). Matt and I were going to watch the last Indiana Jones movie in the living room. About 5 minutes in and feeling fine, boom, I hit a wall. It was almost as though I passed out. I couldn't sit up. I was so darn tired. Matt tried to keep me awake, but when I went from sitting on the floor to the couch, Baby A hauled off and gave me a hard swift kick. (He) wanted me asleep, and that was just how it was going to be.
Sunday was boring. Matt was at home waiting for Charter and playing Fable. I went to my Mom and Dad's to hang out and watch TV. When I got home, I zonked out in my husband's arms. It was so nice to be held sweetly as I drift off. 2nd trimester energy burst did not last long, although I was warned that all that quickly goes out the door with twins. When I laid on my back later that night, I woke up and thought I was going to die for a couple different reasons. #1) I had a massive headache. #2) I felt like I couldn't breathe. #3) I had to pee because I can feel my darling babies bounce on my bladder now. Once I peed and laid on my side, all was good. I guess that was my warning that there will be no more comfy sleeping on my back. Total bummer!
Right now, I'm just thrilled that by the end of this week, Matt and I will probably be calling our little M&M's by name. These babies just melt my heart.
No, No, No, Please let me Unsee this!
Posted Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:29 AM

I read it, I knew I shouldn't, but I did. Why would I read something about the Worst Appitizers in America. Why the guilt? This weekend was supposed to be a celebration at outback with aussie cheese fries and a bloomin onion. Sure we knew it was unhealthy, but I think it has been ruined. I don't want to eat healthy. I find out what the babies are Thursday and on Saturday, I wanted that unhealthy treat, but can I put this in my body?

CHILI’STexas Cheese Fries w/ Jalapeno-Ranch Dressing2,070 calories160 g fat (73 g saturated)3,730 mg sodium Fat Equivalent: Like eating 16 Taco Bell Crunchy Tacos!After we identified Chili’s Awesome Blossom in our investigative report here on The 20 Worst Foods in America, the chain’s 203 fat grams of deep-fried onion disappeared from the menu. Unfortunately that’s like taking a kiddie shovel to a menu that needs to be cleared with a front loader. The Texas Cheese Fries with jalapeno-ranch dressing has nearly two days’ worth of sodium in this one starter — and nearly four days’ worth of saturated fat.
ON THE BORDERGrande Fajita Nachos – Mesquite-Grilled Steak1,970 calories127 g fat (54 g saturated)3,780 mg sodium Fat Equivalent: Like eating an entire package of Oreos!Even if you’re only one of four people working on these nachos, you’ll still bludgeon your belly with half a day’s worth of fat. The same is true for the Border Sampler. Opt instead for the 500-calorie basket of Chips & Salsa.
OUTBACK STEAKHOUSEAussie Cheese Fries with Ranch2,030 calories??? g fat??? mg sodium Calorie Equivalent: Like eating as many as 21 White Castle Hamburgers!Consider this one of America’s most questionable appetizers. That’s because Outback doesn’t provide full nutritional data for any of its products, forcing diners to guess exactly how many day’s worth of fat and sodium must really be crammed into this cheesy mess.
Earlier estimates from nutritional analysis groups put the pile at 2,900 calories with close to 200 grams of fat; even with Outback’s more conservative calorie counts, these frightening fries should be avoided at all costs.
PIZZA HUTTaters (full order)1,580 calories104 g fat (20 g saturated)4,160 mg sodium Sodium Equivalent: Like eating more than two full bags of Ruffles Original Potato Chips!A bag of Ruffles has about 11 servings, which means these tater-tot miscreants carry the heart-taxing sodium load of 22 servings of potato chips. Throw these over your shoulder for good luck; you’ll avoid nearly two days’ worth of sodium that come with this one side. And to discover other salty foods you should steer clear of, check out these 20 foods your cardiologist won’t eat! They're among America's worst.
ROMANO’S MACARONI GRILLRomano’s Sampler (fried calamari, fried mozzarella, tomato bruschetta, garnish)1,640 calories98 g fat (22 g saturated)4,000 mg sodium Calorie and Sodium Equivalent: Like eating more than 10 Extra Crispy Drumsticks from KFC!This sampler is a roundup of the worst offenders on the menu: fried calamari, fried mozzarella, and tomato bruschetta. The only massive calorie bomb they bypass is the 980-calorie Shrimp Artichoke Dip. With a menu as heavy as Macaroni Grill’s, you’d be better off skipping the starters altogether.
RUBY TUESDAYGrand Sampler (fire wings, southwestern spring rolls, fried mozzarella, and chicken tenders)1,644 calories100 g fat Calorie Equivalent: Like eating 5 McDonald’s Cheeseburgers!There’s enough fried food here to feed an entire Little League baseball team, so unless you’re taking them to Ruby’s (and you have signed permission slips) after the game, I'd recommend avoiding a swing at this bad pitch.
T.G.I. FRIDAYSJack Daniel’s Sampler (Jack Daniel’s glaze over fried shrimp, Sesame Jack Chicken Strips, and Baby Back Pork Ribs)2,330 calories??? g fat??? mg sodium Calorie Equivalent: Like eating more than 8 Steak Fajita Hot Pockets!Thanks to new legislation in New York City, chain restaurants were forced to post their calorie counts on their menus. As a result, what Fridays’ patrons discovered was that they’ve been unwittingly paying for a clobbering with a big, greasy fat stick. More than half the appetizers top 1,000 calories.
UNO CHICAGO GRILLPizza Skins (full order)2,400 calories155 g fat (50 g saturated)3,600 mg sodium Calorie Equivalent: Like eating a Large Domino’s Hand-Tossed Sausage Pizza!Would you ever think of saying to a waiter: “Why don’t you start us off with a large meat pizza?” If you’re ordering for a party of more than 5 it might be OK, but for smaller groups, it's tilting toward gluttony gone wild. Order the Thai Vegetable Pot Stickers instead — the only item carrying fewer than 800 calories.
VERY IMPORTANT BLOG: READ NOW AND RESPOND!
Posted Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:07 AM

Guess the sex!
Remember, if you guess boy and girl, you will at least be half-right, unless these turn out to be the homaphrodite twins from St. Louis, but don't say that because it would not make me laugh!
Results will be in after I return from my ultrasound which is at 8:30 am central time tomorrow! Please Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment