Keeping Up With The Boys!

Lilypie

Friday, May 29, 2009

Kicking it Off!


It is funny, Matt and I went back and forth so many times thinking, do we want a baby or not. This article was published before we found out we were pregnant. Shortly after this came out, Matt and I decided we would definitely not try to have a baby because we were too busy with house hunting. Obviously, our plans changed:


Mandy & Matt's TTC Story
Posted Thursday, May 29, 2008 12:00 PM
"It seems like everything we've ever worked for has lead to this major decision..."

High school sweethearts
I have been with my husband for almost eight years and I've been married to him only eight months. As former high school sweethearts, it is hard to remember back to a time when Matt wasn't sweeping me off my feet. We had our first date on Valentine's Day and ended up getting into a car accident before we made it to our dinner reservation. I got whiplash, and I guess you could say that I've never been able to look away. Since then, we don't celebrate Valentine's Day, we celebrate our Wreck-iversary!
Next stop: Baby!
Matt and I have done almost everything together: graduation, prom, the wedding; and to cap it off, we want a baby. It seems like everything we've ever worked for has lead to this major decision. We have just started looking for our first house; which means hundreds of homes to walk through. It makes my heart flutter when every time we look through a different house, Matt immediately goes to the backyard to see if it is big enough for him to build a swing set and still have room to teach his future sons or daughters to play baseball.

Wanting a baby is the strangest of desires. We have never felt so ready for something in our entire lives, while at the same time so naive. There is so much to learn and we have been preparing by reading all the books and charting. When you first feel that initial urge to have a baby, every month that goes by makes you that much more eager to get the plus sign, two pink lines, digital "pregnant" readout, or whatever other way a test can deliver that wonderful news. Trying to have a baby is the most romantic thing we've ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment